Wednesday, July 29, 2026

I was invited along with Platte County Candidates to the Parkville Living Center Candidate Forum last Thursday evening, July 23rd. I am working on posting a video of my speech and my answers during the live forum. Afterwards, the hosts asked if we would answer via email some of the questions that time did not allow to be answered that evening. Below are the questions and my answers I replied to this morning.

To Platte County Clerk Candidates-

๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง: ๐‘†๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘ค ๐‘…๐‘’๐‘ž๐‘ข๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘  ๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘‘ ๐‘”๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘›, ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ก ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘–๐‘ก. ๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘๐‘’๐‘›๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘ƒ๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘˜๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™๐‘’. ๐ผ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘˜ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘‘ ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘๐‘’๐‘›. ๐ป๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘๐‘๐‘’๐‘‘? ๐ผ๐‘  ๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘œ๐‘˜๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐ถ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘˜ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ, “๐ผ ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘›’๐‘ก ๐‘“๐‘–๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘›, ๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘š๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ ๐‘ก.” ๐ด๐‘“๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ฆ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ž๐‘ข๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘ , ๐ผ ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘™๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘”๐‘’๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘›.

๐Œ๐ฒ ๐€๐ง๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ: Public information needs to be in the public domain where citizens can access it in this modern era 24/7 without spending time and money on Sunshine requests. Too much information is being blocked behind restricted access and too much time and money is being spent on required Sunshine Law and Freedom of Information Act requests. I will be reviewing all these issues and bringing resolutions that fulfill the laws of Missouri and are fair and just for the citizens.

๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง: ๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐ถ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘ฆ ๐ถ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘˜’๐‘  ๐‘œ๐‘“๐‘“๐‘–๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘“๐‘“ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘‘๐‘”๐‘’๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘๐‘™๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘“๐‘’๐‘ค ๐‘ฆ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ . ๐‘Šโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘๐‘  ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘’๐‘ฅ๐‘๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘˜ ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘› ๐‘ก๐‘œ 2020 ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘™?

๐Œ๐ฒ ๐€๐ง๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ: In 2022, the Clerk's budget was $183,000. In 2026 the budget is $389,000. A 212% increase. Staff was increased from the Clerk, one full time and one part time in 2022 to Clerk and 5 full time staff. A request was put in by the Clerk this year for 2 part time staff for 6 weeks at a cost of $70,000. That's some nice part time work. One of my first goals is to audit the entire office, determine staffing needs and make adjustments wherever it is possible to save Platte County taxpayer money. I don't believe it should cost that much to maintain the Clerk's office.

๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง: ๐ท๐‘œ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘ ๐‘ข๐‘๐‘๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ข๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘™-๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘ฃ๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘–๐‘›-๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘ฃ๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘›๐‘”, ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘–๐‘“ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐น๐‘’๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘™ ๐บ๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘›๐‘š๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ๐‘  ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘–๐‘ก?

๐Œ๐ฒ ๐€๐ง๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ: I do not support mail-voting or early in person voting. I believe mail-in voting is venerable to fraudulent voting and election interference. Absentee voting should be only at the Board of Elections if you have an excuse of why you cannot vote on election day. If one day is not enough time to vote, I would support a 2 or 3 day window to vote. I also am in favor of election integrity laws and each party observing and counting the votes, in public and live streamed for full transparency.

To All County Candidates-

๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง: ๐ผ ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘ฆ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘ง๐‘’๐‘›๐‘  ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘ฅ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘’๐‘ง๐‘’, ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐ผ ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘’๐‘˜ ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐ด๐‘ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘  ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ฃ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘ข๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก๐‘ฆ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ฅ๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘ฆ๐‘๐‘™๐‘’ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘ ๐‘˜๐‘ฆ๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘๐‘˜๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘‘ 15%. ๐ผ๐‘“/๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘› ๐ผ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘š๐‘ฆ โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘›, ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐ผ ๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘™๐‘š๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘ฆ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ก ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก๐‘ฆ ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘ฅ โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘˜๐‘’? ๐ด ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘‘ ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘ฆ ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ฆ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘’๐‘ง๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘“/๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘› ๐ผ ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘‘ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘™๐‘™.

๐Œ๐ฒ ๐€๐ง๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ: This is a myth. There is no attendant estate property tax. And Seniors are not going to have to "repay" the tax credits received through the Senior Tax Freeze. Every dollar saved on property taxes under SB 190 stays in your pocket permanently -- it is not clawed back when the home is sold. Missouri does not have a state real estate transfer tax nor does Platte County have an estate fee or exit tax on real estate sales. So please don't worry about it and DO sign up for the Senior Tax Credit!

I hope you appreciate and respect my answers and hopefully align and agree with them. I look forward to your vote on August 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.