Saturday, August 8, 2026

3rd in a 3-way race....

Well, not the outcome we were hoping for, and certainly never thought I would come in last. Yes, I am humiliated. I was asked last night what office I would run for next. My response? You've got to be kidding. I am done. The voters have spoken, again, and they simply do not want me to serve them. I cannot say I have much faith in the direction our county is going or if the culture will change. Don't look for elected salaries to be rolled back or anything changed. It is just not going to happen. The voters want the current status quo and they will get it.
This page will be up for a little while but the campaign is finished. My activism in politics is likely finished. I now have a new life to look forward too, secluded in some woods somewhere in a less costly county, enjoying nature, race cars and praying daily the USA does not fall to the socialists so desperately trying to take down this country from within. The Republican electorate is too apathetic and rudderless to fight the coming storm. And its coming.
I am sure we can look forward to higher property taxes in Platte County and businesses being forced out of business due to exponential tax increases. Budgets will not be trimmed. Staff will not be reduced. Government will only get larger and our wealth increasingly taken from us to pay for their follies.
We did the best we could but as usual, it wasn't good enough nor the correct message just to get elected. The truth rarely is the correct message in politics.
To all who aided in the campaign, I am sorry I could not deliver for you. You all did a wonderful job!
Remember - its your Republic IF you can keep it, said Ben Franklin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.