I did not attend this morning's Commission Administrative meeting but watched it live on YouTube. I believe this is a great service the County does for our Platte County citizens. Though I noticed less than 10 actually joined the livestream! And it was a small crowd in attendance. This is rather sad to see so few take part or take in local government. On the other hand, I have always believed these meetings should take place at 6 or 7pm on Monday evenings to allow more interested citizens to attend after their day of work.
The Commission did vote to keep the County Property Tax levy at 1¢. This is a good thing for all of us. I will be watching closely how tax levies are handled in 2027 after the Assessor rockets our residential and business property assessments through the stratosphere. I expect the schools to resist reducing their tax levies or pull accounting tricks to keep levies high and rob citizens of their hard earned money.
So that brings us to the Homestead Act. And the Senior Tax Credit. The Senior Tax credit is already in place but the refund the Commission ordered has not been implemented. The Homestead Act is being slow walked as well and is now, again, said to be implemented in 2027, not 2026 as passed by the voters in April of 2026.
It is time for new leadership at the courthouse. New, never before served elected, to bring new ideas and proper execution of the offices. That means implementing the laws and ordinances approved by the Commission. This is not being accomplished now. November's election is very important this year. I am interested in installing good conservatives! Not Republicans In Name Only. And returning Missouri to a pro-life state by passing Amendment 3!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.