Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Happy Hump Day Wednesday Platte County!

A few ramblings here today as we move on with life, get reorganized, plan overdue recreational trips and return to working on the bazillion projects I have going on!

The "Prioritizing Patient Access to Care Act in Massachusetts" news story I posted about last Wednesday has garnered the ire of many Democrats across the country and especially in Massachusetts as going too far, crossing a line of morality and ethics and being just plain wrong and criminal. I say Democrats because that is who passed and signed the bill in Massachusetts. Doctors, OBGYNs are speaking out. Pro-Life Democrats are coming to the foreground. The super leftist Democrats who will go to the ends of the earth to save animals over people, rally against the death penalty and favor letting felons who committed heinous crimes walk free also have no problem ending innocent life or favoring euthanizing us Seniors once we reach a certain age so we don't "burden" the healthcare system. They have finally crossed a line and have brought attention to whom are really the extremists in our society and nation. Keep watch on this story as it progresses and the backlash on elections it might render.
Speaking of elections - what a wild year its been and continues to be - locally and nationally. The Democrat Socialists of America (DSA) continue to defeat establishment Democrats all over the country. And the Democratic National Committee is not happy but they are afraid to combat them too much. Republicans must see this as an opening to retaining power and picking up seats in Congress. There was a time in this country when we expelled card carrying communists or they were shunned to the back burner. Now they are openly attempting nothing short of a coup to burn the Constitution, do away with the Senate, Judiciary and Executive Branch and put all the power into the House of Representatives, likely renaming it, and picking a President or Premier. Just be aware how you vote. What you wish for. Nothing is free. And when those who are paying for all your free food, housing and transportation either leave, run out of money or die, then where will your funding come from? Socialism is factually documented being responsible for killing more people than any other tyrannical despot regime - including the NAZIs in WW2 and the Holocaust. Think about it. Walk into your local Price Chopper or Hy-Vee or the newly announced Dillions in the Northland once its built and admire all the choices of foods you have. Then travel to Europe and look at their choices. Won't take long for folks here to start revolting against government run businesses when it all breaks down and life gets even harder. Remember, Mayor Q tried the City run grocery store and had to abandon the project when it completely failed. New York City is now trying the same thing by ignoring previous failed attempts around the country.

As for local elections - keep watch as scandals are breaking out. Next week I will join others in publishing a Platte County scandal that thus far the mainstream media and local papers refuse to address, investigate or recognize as nothing more than dirty politics. I will put forth the evidence and simply let you, the voter, decide if it is concerning, crooked, unethical and if those candidates participating are folks you wish to have leading Platte County. Personally I find their actions despicable, egregious and felonious. Authorities have been sent requests to investigate and I hope to update on the status of those investigations as well. And no, this scandal has really nothing to do with the Clerk's race I lost, though one candidate is tied to those involved. But this scandal had no bearing on the Clerk's race and will not going forward.

Woke up to reports of wide spread damage across our metro this morning and my rain gauge had 3 and 4/10ths inches collected. Wow. No need to water my plants the neighborhood deer have enjoyed feasting on this year! What I get for not having a fenced yard, I suppose! Mr. Groundhog is back after several years lodging elsewhere. And the hummingbirds are fighting over territory of my 2 feeders. What fun to watch them. I will miss them as they migrate in a few weeks.

Its good getting back to a normal life. Being a political candidate is not normal. Is not fun. It is not really all that rewarding. If you lose, you lost and life picks up where you left off. If you win, you likely have another contest to campaign for and win that you swear in to dealing with all the troubles of County government and dealing with an unhappy electorate who mostly will complain about how high their taxes are! So, yes, I can be relieved I won't have to deal with those issues. But I was prepared and had a solid plan to do so. To at least attempt to make life better and more affordable.
Frankly, I do not possess confidence that will happen any time soon with a some of the candidates who are in the general. I wish them well and good luck, but we all need to hold whomever gets elected accountable and call out when any promises are unfulfilled, official duties are not duly performed and the citizen's concerns ignored. Come nearer election time I will publish my recommendations of candidates I wish folks to cast a vote for.

Until then, we should all be watchdogs!

And know that your vote really does count! Please vote on November 3rd!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.